The objective of our grants program is simple: to fund community-driven initiatives and park department programs and projects that enhance public parks and support outdoor recreational activities throughout Spokane County.
Spokane Parks Foundation Community Grants
Our 2023 grant application is now open and we are pleased to invite you to apply. Grant applications are due by midnight on November 30th, 2022. Late applications will not be considered.
Please carefully review all of the following information to determine eligibility prior to submitting your grant application.
Priority will be given to applications for park projects or programs that:
- increase park and recreation services to underserved areas or populations
- promote and provide inclusivity and accessibility for all individuals
- offer long-term significant benefits to the community
- enhance the quality of parks and quality of life for the community
- are from a private or non-profit organization or community group
- have not received prior funding from the Spokane Parks Foundation
- demonstrate active and committed community involvement
- demonstrate collaboration with other community funding
The average grant award amount typically ranges from $1,000 – $8,000 per project or program.
Grants must be used within a twelve (12) month period of time unless an extension is requested and approved.
Grant are made to eligible organizations that meet one of the following criterion:
- tax-exempt under Internal Revenue Code Section 501(c)(3)
- a recognized Native American Tribe
- a public agency
- an unincorporated group or organization that has a 501(c)(3) fiscal sponsor
Spokane Parks Foundation will not consider funding requests for the following projects or activities:
- routine maintenance
- administration, salaries and operations
- debt retirement
- lobbying activities
- conferences, workshops, symposia
- programs with religious content
- replacement of lost/expired government funding
The Foundation will not consider applications from grantees who have not submitted reports on previously awarded grants. The Spokane Parks Foundation will not support organizations or groups that discriminate on the basis of race, religion, gender, sexual orientation, age, national origin or disability.
If you meet all of the above mentioned criteria and would like to submit a grant application, please click below:
If you have questions or need additional information, please contact the Spokane Parks Foundation.